Monday, January 24, 2011

My First Weigh In & Why A Mom Never Sleeps

Finally my Austin came home late last night and then Dusty came home even later that night, sometime close to midnight. My boys were back and I was excited! Unfortunately Dusty brought home a nasty head cold so we talked about his trip for a moment then attempted to get some sleep. The head cold decided to seek vengeance on Dusty so he wasn't sleeping much. Memphis decided that she had enough of her crib so then I wasn't sleeping much. Then while laying in the bed I hear this horrible sound, something like a waterfall or dam breaking. Following the sound was this horrific smell. (One of our dogs, Rimshot, our best dog, sleeps in his bed on the floor in our room. He is a great dog, house broken, listens well, good with the kids. Never have we had a problem with him) It wasn't hard to figure out who was the owner of this sound and smell. I slowly get out of bed, being careful since I now had Memphis in my arms. Luckily Dusty wasn't really asleep so I told him what was going on, and as I was getting up I told Dusty not to let Rimshot on the bed. Too bad Rimshot did not get that memo. So there I was 4 am cleaning up this huge mess that our dog had so nicely spread all over our floor. Dusty had made his way to the living rm to sleep and Memphis was back in her crib and not happy. It took a while to clean up, and afterwards it was quite a site to see me, Dusty and Memphis in my arms trying to get cozy in the living room. I do believe sometime after 6 I dozed off, only for my alarm to go off at 7. After taking Austin to school I came home and am glad to say I successfully clean our room and bed spotless. I always joke that if its not one of the kids keeping me up its Dusty, but I guess I'll be adding the dogs to that list now.

My First Weigh In

According to my biggest loser exercise program today is my first scheduled weigh in. I must say that this past week has been hard and exhausting. It has broke me down both physically and mentally. I have a lot of personal things to overcome and I think that is a huge part of this program I have created. I was nervous about my weigh in because at times I feel much different and at other times I feel worse than when I started. While Dusty was away I was a nervous wreck, thinking that I would cave and eat like crazy since no one was around to see me. However, this strange guilt overcame me and I did great. Saturday night I did go for a small but unhealthy snack. Although my head told me to go for it my body did not agree. So I stepped up on the scale this morning and the numbers came in.(Dusty predicted I had lost 10lbs, Oh I love you honey for your exaggeration and it actually made me feel great!) Are you ready? Drum roll please... I lost in my first week... 4 pounds. Yep, 4 whole pounds. I have mixed emotions because on one hand this is a great start, losing too much weight at once is very unhealthy. Then on the other hand, it seems like such a small number. Of course that little number keeps spinning in my head and then I think if I keep it up and lose 4 pounds a week in one month I can lose up to 16 pounds which is huge! At 4 pounds a week I could be at my goal in about 5 months! Still I have mixed emotions and I think I will till I start to see more come off. Overall the most important thing to remember is that I did lose weight, despite the number, what I am doing, exercising, changing my eating habits, it is doing something, so... I must keep on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment