Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh that Mr. Jingles

13 pounds! In 32 days I have lost a total of 13 pounds. When I weighed myself on Monday the evil scale accused me of gaining one pound. Well, I just wasn't having that so a little more work and as of yesterday, my 32nd day of this energy sucking, can't eat the good stuff diet & exercise business and I am 13 pounds lighter! For me personally this is huge (no pun intended), I can feel my clothes fitting differently and just a general sense of happiness about myself that I thought I had lost forever. And this is amazing.

Memphis has not slept thru the night in a month. Then the other night we took Austin's pet hamster, Mr. Jingles (that he got from me and Dusty for Valentines day) away from him because he made bad choices at school. So we put the hamster in Memphis room for the night. Well wouldn't it be, after a month of trying everything I could think of and two doctor visits just to get her to sleep and with the hamster in her room she sleeps thru the entire night as if she never had a problem. Of course I am so excited because when she sleeps, I sleep. Then just as my luck would have it, Austin started throwing up in the middle of that very night that would have been my first full night of sleep in so long. A trip to the doctor and a day off from school it was discovered that Austin just had a stomach bug, one of those 24 hr things. That day we also went to Walmart to buy music and sound to play in Memphis room at night. So it brings me so much joy to tell everyone that last night Memphis slept thru the night for the 3rd night in a row! Here's to finally, accidently figuring out how to get her to sleep, and the hope that it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment